Birth23 Jun 1747
Baptism10 Aug 1747, SAINT DIONIS BACKCHURCH,LONDON,LONDON
Death6 Mar 1827, Gerard St, Westminster
BurialSt Anne’s church, Soho, London
GeneralMP. Stockbroker.
Spouses
Marriageca 1769
ChildrenJohn (1774-1847)
 William (1775-1812)
 Mary (1777-)
 Charlotte (1779-)
 Thomas (1781-1783)
 Caroline Seyliard (1783-ca1859)
 Margaret (1785-1833)
 Maria (1786-1861)
Notes for John George Wilson Perkins
His baptism:

John George Wilson Perkins
England Births and Christenings
Name: John George Wilson Perkins
Gender: Male
Christening Date: 10 Aug 1747
Christening Place: SAINT DIONIS BACKCHURCH,LONDON,LONDON,ENGLAND
Birth Date: 23 Jun 1747
Father's Name: John Perkins
Mother's Name: Margaret
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: P00140-1 , System Origin: England-ODM , GS Film number: 845234
__________________
There are too many marriages of John Perkins to a Mary to determin which was theirs.
__________________

In a record of Horton church <http://www.epsomandewellhistoryexplorer.org.uk/Trotters.html> there is this report of him:

John Perkins from Pendell Court, Bletchingley, Surrey, and 38 Gerrard Street Westminster.

This is confirmed in the VCH for surrey, vol 4 pub 1912, pp. 253-265:

“About half a mile to the north-west of the village are Pendell and Pendell Court. The former house is said to have been designed for Richard Glydd by Inigo Jones; from the symmetry of the plan this attribution is not improbable. On one of the chimney stacks is the date 1636. Glydd died in 1665, and his grandson John, some time M.P. for Blechingley, came into possession. He died without issue in 1689, and his mother and sister Ann Glydd sold the house to Andrew Jelf, who was succeeded by Captain Andrew Jelf, R.N. His daughters sold it to Joseph Seymour Biscoe in 1803, and he sold to John G. W. Perkins in 1811. On the death of his son John Perkins intestate in 1846 it was the share of his sister Maria Trotter, who left it ultimately to her sister's grandson Mr. Jarvis Kenrick, who now lives there. (fn. 4)”

A later paragraph has this on the history of the ownership of Pendell Court:

In 1509 Thomas Uvedale quitclaimed all his right in the manor of PENDHILL or PENDELL or BABERNON to Henry Saunder. (fn. 129) It was held in 1568 by William Saunder son of Henry, (fn. 130) and afterwards by Nicholas, who in 1592 conveyed to William Brend. (fn. 131) In 1613 John Tyndall and Margaret his wife held in the right of Margaret, possibly the heiress of Brend. (fn. 132) Tyndall in 1617 conveyed to George Holman, (fn. 133) who built Pendell Court about 1624. (fn. 134) Robert Holman son of George died in 1664, (fn. 135) and after the death without issue of his sons, Mary his daughter, wife of Thomas Seyliard of Penshurst in Kent, became his heir. (fn. 136) She afterwards married Thomas Lee and held Pendell jointly with her husband in 1686. (fn. 137) Her son John Seyliard (fn. 138) afterwards held it and died in 1744 or 1745. In 1750 John Seyliard, son of the latter, died, leaving his manor-house called Pendell and lands to his wife Isabel for life with reversion to his daughters and heirs, Henrietta Maria and Ann, both under age. (fn. 139) According to Manning, Ann, who apparently survived her sister, died in 1760, (fn. 140) when her cousin Hester Wade Seyliard, wife of George Scullard, inherited. (fn. 141) She after her husband's death gave the estate to John Perkins, her step-brother, whose son John Perkins acquired the manor of Blechingley in 1835, (fn. 142) with which Pendell Court has subsequently descended.
The rent rolls of Pendell from Henry VII to Elizabeth are in the possession of Mr. Jarvis Kenrick.
The house called Pendell Court, though not the manor-house of Pendell or Blechingley, was formerly occupied by the Perkins family
(fn. 143) and by Sir George Macleay, and is now the residence of Mr. Bell. For description of it see above.
_______________________

From The New Monthly Magazine and Universal Register on 1 Apr 1827:

Deaths
On the 6th ult. in his 80th year of his age, John Perkins esq. of Pendell-court, near Bletchingly, Surrey. The Gentleman’s Magazine adds that the death was in Gerard St.
_______________________

In the Surrey record office in a bundle of BMD certificates from parish registers is one for a John Perkins buried on Oct 5th 1772. This was probably a son of this John and mary.
_______________________
Mon Inscripts notes for John George Wilson Perkins
From Miscellanea Genealogica et Heraldica, fourth series, Vol 1, p. 227, a monument on the North Aisle of St Anne’s Sohoe, London:

“A tablet or white marble on the second pillar:--In memory of John Perkins of this parish and of Pendell Court, Bletchingly, Esqre who died the 6th of march 1827 in his eightieth year and is buried in a vault in this Church.
And of mary his wife who died the 27th of August 1831 Aged 80 years
Also of John Perkins of Pendell Court son of the above who died the 17th of July Aged 72 years.
_________________
Notes for John George Wilson & Mary (Family)
I have not found any record of their marriage. Nor did their children’s lawyers when they were trying to sort out the heirs’ to their only brother’s estate. Eventually the surviving children and one or two acquaintances of their parents signed affidavits to the fact that they believed their parents to have been married, around 1779 and that they thought their mother’s maiden name was Carter and that their father’s full name was John ... Perkins.

So be it, for the moment.
________________

The following evidence was produced in sworn statements:

1. By William Owen Lucas, surgeon. He said that his mother was the sister of the lady that married John George Wilson Perkins and their maiden names were Carter. He declared that they had been married and that no question had ever been raised about this and that J G W P’s surviving children after the recent death of his unmarried son John were: Mary, widow of James Kenrick, Caroline Seliard widow of Henry Adams Mayer, Maria wife of John Trotter and Clara Arabella Charles Perkins, spinster.

2. By John Bowes Bunce, vicar of parish of St Dunstans and of Sheldwick, Kent, on the 7th January 1847. He said he was 71 and he had known John George Wilson Perkins from 1792 and also his wife Mary nee Carter who were “always considered by myself and reputed and known and accepted and received by their friends and in the family in which they moved as man and wife”.

3. By Mary Kenwick, Caroline Seyliard Mayers Maria Trotter and Clara Matilda Charles Perkins, sisters of the lately deceased John perkins. They stated that their mother’s maiden name was Carter and that she was married to John George Wilson Perkins at the age of 19, she, Mary, died at the age of 85 in August 1831 and that the year of their marriage was 1769.

4. By Richrd Dewdury (?), in 1847 was 27 and of Bletchingley and confirmed that he had always regards John and Mary Perkins to be married.

5. By Rev James Kenrick of Horsham, Sussex, stated that he was, in 1847, 41 always of the view that John and Mary Perkins, his grandparents, were married. He confirmed that the late John Perkinds recently deceased was the only surviving son of his grandparents and confirms that the above four sisters were their surviving daughters.

6. A schedule of documents to be produced to justify the assertion that these four sisters were coheirs to the recently deceased John perkins and other matters to do with the title to land known as Brewhouse Farm and Popes Land in Surrey. The note “These documents will be produced” was inscribed on this document.

7. More comments on the deeds for the sale.

8. Probably a second page to the previous item but including a note about Charlotte perkins fate who is rreprted to have died on her return journey from her sister in Barbadoes and that the subsequent letters of administration to her father will be produced.

9. (5 pages) Effectively a copy of the above item 1, a family chart and birth list of the Perkins children to JGW and Mary Perkins. Plus copies of the burial certificate for an infant John Perkins in 1772 and the baptism of a subsequent second John Perkins in 1774 and that for William in 1776, that for Caroline Seyliard in 1784 and those for Maria in 1786 and Clara Matilda Charles in 1791.
__________________
Last Modified 12 Apr 2015Created 25 May 2017 by Tim Powys-Lybbe