Roydon descendants, some to this day
All the known male lines of these Roydons of Suffolk, Essex and Kent have
died out. But several daughters survived and some of their descendants
survive to the present day. So here's a list of the families that are
known to have descended from these Roydons:
Spouses of a Roydon daughter:
Of the above, the Twysdens died out in all known male lines in the
20th century, though their daughters left Dering (late 16th century)
and Lybbe (early 18th century) descendants. Descendants of these
Derings and Lybbes continue through current times.
- Sir Andrew Bures, d. 1360, of Suffolk,
- John Lucas, living 1566, of Colchester, Essex,
- Arthur Golding, living 1605, of London,
- William Twysden, d. 1549, of Roydon Hall, Kent,
- Hugh Catlin, d. 1568, of West Malling, Kent,
- Henry Delahaye, d. bef 1547,
- Thomas Darrell, living 1542.
If you know of other descendant families of these Roydons,
please get in touch so that
I can add them to this list.