Proposed nine quarterings for a bookplate
- 1. Powys-Lybbe, quarterly of four:
- 1st & 4th LYBBE: Ermine a bend between two lions rampant gules,
- 2nd & 3rd POWYS: Or a lion‘s gamb erased in bend gules between two
cross crosslets fitchée of the last.
- 2. Lybbe, as above.
- 3. Girle, gules on a cross engraved or, a pellet.
- 4. Michell, per chevron gules and sable, a chevron argent between three
swans of the third.
- 5. Barrington, argent, three chevronels gules, a label of as many points
- 6. Clarence, the Royal Arms, France and England quarterly, a label of
three points argent, each charged with a canton gules.
- 1st and 4th FRANCE: Azure three fleur de lys or,
- 2nd and third ENGLAND: Gules three lions passant guardant or.
- 7. Gobert (1619 Warks visitation, pub Harleian 1877, p. 292): Or a bend between six martlets
- 8. Trotter new (RL of 1868), quarterly of four:
- 1st & 4th TROTTER: Argent, a crescent gules, on a chief indented
azure three mullets pierced of the field,
- 2nd & 3rd BROWN: Azure, a chevron chequy argent and sable between
three fleurs-de-lis of the second.
- 9. Trotter old, as above.
- Crest of LYBBE: On a wreath of the Colours a dexter arm embowed in mail
armour a hand supporting a spear erect, all proper.
- Crest of POWYS: A lion's gamb erased and erect gules holding a sceptre
headed with a fleur-de-lys, or.
- Text around the plate: TIMOTHY F POWYS-LYBBE