Using the best sources, all the possible and documented ancestry for the Kingmaker's daughters
was found; this took a very long time.
The reason for starting with his daughters was to produce an uncomplicated arrangement. The
Kingmaker's own quarterings would include those his wife, Anne Beauchamp, brought in and were
to be inherited by their issue. This can be drawn but would have a shield of pretence of some
36 quarterings from Anne to be superimposed and block out the 37 odd quarterings from Richard
Neville's ancestry. This would have been ugly and uninformative so the easy decision was made
to derive and display the (same) quarters for each of the daughters Isabella, who became wife of
George duke of Clarence, and Anne who became wife of Richard III.
With the genealogy done, the steps were:
- The heiresses were identified using the practices already discussed and obtaining 73 quarterings.
- This enabled all the irrelevant genealogy for lines with no arms or no heiresses to be removed.
- All duplicate lines of descent from an armiger were deleted; this leaves only the unique quarterings;
in fact these can be shown as additional instances of the same quartering by different heriesses.
- The blazons were researched, this took a fairly long time but only around a third of the time for doing the genealogy.
- The numbering was determined for the quarters, this takes me about three days.
- Individual arms were drawn for each armiger, and for the one case of an heiress only to an heiress.
- The armorial pedigree was drawn using the individual arms, taking a few days to get the size down.
- The shield of quarterings was drawn, taking a day or so.
- A formal list of the numbered blazons was constructed, including the armigers' names and the heraldic sources.
- A web-tree and a GEDCOM was extracted from my main genealogy files to include the genealogical source information.
So these are the results for you to download:
- The armorial pedigree showing all the arms brought in by each heiress - 9 MBytes - enlarge it five times,
- A shield of the 73 quarters - 2.7 MBytes,
- The Blazons and documentary sources for all the quarters, A3 size on 2 pages,
- The Blazons and documentary sources for all the quarters, A4 size, 4 pages
- A web-tree of the armorial pedigree, including all the genealogical sources,
- A GEDCOM of the armorial pedigree, including all the genealogical sources.